THE giant stuffed zucchini
In harvest season, we can sometimes have nice surprises! And this was the case for me when my neighbor offered me one of her giant zucchini. Not knowing what to do with so many zucchini, I asked my followers on Instagram for recipes. I received many great ideas from all over the world! I chose the one that seemed the most feasible with the ingredients I had on hand. And it gave this delectable meal!
So to your pans!
A giant zucchini, or 4 normal ones
4 c. tablespoon olive oil
1 onion3 cloves of garlic
250 g minced meat of your choice
1 tomato, diced
1/4 c. chili powder or cayenne pepper
1 c. oregano
Salt and pepper
Pour les zucchinis :
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise and empty the inside of the zucchini, just to make small boats. Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread them on a baking sheet (ideally with parchment paper) and cook for about 30 minutes.
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat and sauté the onions for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, sauté for 1 minute. Add the meat, cook it, taking care to seed it well.
- Add tomatoes, herbs and seasonings. Cook another 5 minutes (if it's too dry, add a little water to the pan).
- When ready, top the zucchini in small boats with the meat mixture. Garnish with parmesan then bake in a hot oven at 400F for about 20 minutes. When ready, garnish with fresh basil.